A popular snack. We always made it around Christmas when I was a kid, but it’s good anytime.
1 small box Shreddies cereal
1 small box Crispix cereal
1 small box Cheerios cereal
1 package pretzels
2 tins mixed nuts
1 bag Goldfish crackers
2 cups peanut or Crisco oil
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons onion salt
2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Combine cereals together in a large roasting pan.
- Mix oil and seasonings together. Pour over the cereals and stir to mix evenly.
- Add pretzels, nuts and Goldfish and stir.
- Bake uncovered at 200 degrees F. for 2 hours, stirring every half hour.
- Cool and pack into containers.
I doubled the original recipe because I wanted to use a greater variety of ingredients, and didn’t want to have half boxes of cereal left over. It wouldn’t all fit in my roaster pan so I divided it between 2 roasters. You can use whatever types of cereals, nuts (or no nuts), that you like. I didn’t put in all the Cheerios or pretzels, as they are my least favourites - but still they are the “nuts” and the “bolts” so it didn’t seem right to leave them out. I store it in the freezer and it keeps for ages (if it gets the chance!)